Tuesday, December 20, 2011

No Rest For The Wicked

So, it looks like I'm not going to be home for Christmas until Friday, with Royal's insistence that we keep practising as close as possible to the holidays. It sucks but, honestly, if I wasn't going to argue with him before, I sure as hell am not going to argue with him now. I punched him in the face. 'Nuff said.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to Christmas, even though I won't get to spend it with Shannon. She's spending Christmas up in Galway with her aunt because she can't afford to go back home. I'm starting to get really worried about her. I tried to ask her what was taking up all her time on the Internet earlier and she just sort of...shooed me away, like I was a fly or something. I tried not to worry about it too much, but curiousity and, admittedly, frustration got the better of me, so when she was gone out to pick up our dinner from the Indian, I tried checking her computer. The search history was erased but I'm computer-savvy enough to know that when you visit a website with images, the images get downloaded to your computer in a temporary folder, so I checked that and found a lot of pictures, mostly of this really tall guy in a suit who didn't seem to have a face. There were also pictures of books, some guy in a mask with a sword, some buildings, a bunch of creepy hand drawings...it all creeped me out anyway. I decided to close it all up before Shannon got back and try asking her about it again later but I never got the opportunity.

Well, I did, but after dinner, she just wanted to cuddle and I didn't want to ruin an otherwise nice moment with my paranoia. I'm still worried though. Shannon gets nightmares and I don't want her losing sleep over whatever horror stories she's been reading on the Internet. I'm convinced that's what she was doing because those pictures looked like they belonged to creepypasta from 4chan, though I'm not sure where the books fit in. I'm going to try and talk to her again tomorrow.

Anyway, it's getting late, so I'd better hit the hay. Gute nacht!

No comments:

Post a Comment