Saturday, December 3, 2011

Dog Days Are Over

So, hello, world! My name is Sufjan McBride. I'm an 18-year-old performing arts student at University College Cork, but you could have found that by looking at my profile, so I should probably say something more substantial in my first post!

I'm from the "city" of Waterford in the south-east of Ireland. I say "city" because it's really just a big town. I'm from a place called Ballybeg, which is the roughest housing estate in Waterford. The first year my family lived there, our house was broken into seven times.

You'd think living there would have made me a cynical hardass but...I just don't have it in me to be angry or violent. Predictably, I didn't do too well in Ballybeg but I don't have to worry about all that anymore because I now live in the far lovelier and more city-like city of Cork!

Anyway, I felt like chronicling this new chapter in my life, so I decided to start up this blog. I'll be updating this every couple of days to talk about my life. I'm not sure if it'll be terribly interesting, but it can't hurt to try.

So, I'll see you in the future, hopefully, whoever you are! Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment